1. Airport staff greeted guests flying to Dubai on March, 20 with smiles in the passports.
On the occasion of Happiness Day, the usual stamps in passports on the passage of the visa border were replaced by smiles.
The General Directorate for Residents and Aliens distributed special seals to all customs officers at Dubai airports on the occasion of Happiness Day. The red seal with a cheerful smile and the inscription “Welcome to Happy UAE” in Arabic and English has replaced the standard stamp on obtaining a visa.
Employees, dressed for this occasion in special masks and gloves, welcomed the travelers.
2. Almost 170 thousand of lost things belonging to passengers were found in Dubai airports for the period of 2017.
The security services of the company “Airports of Dubai” found on the territory of air terminals almost 170 thousand personal belongings lost by passengers last year. Mobile phones, Rolex watches and bags with large sums of money were among the finds, said the director of the Main Security Department of the airports of the Dubai police.
50,973 items were returned to the owners, and 5,998 valuables were transferred to law enforcement agencies to investigate their origin. It is reported that officers of the Dubai police are looking for passengers to return their values, even outside the UAE.
3. In 2017, in total 91,200,261 passengers used the services of international airports in Dubai.
4. A bag lost by someone with 46 thousand dollars is waiting for its owner in the bureau of the finds of the police in Dubai. Its owner never contacted the police.
According to words of the head of the department, up to 80 percent of the items received by the police remain unclaimed, despite the fact that most of these items are valuable.
After three months, unclaimed items are auctioned, and the money and documents are transferred to the relevant authorities.
The owner of the missing item has the right to demand its return for 15 years, except when the items are sold at public auction. In case they are sold at auction, the owner is compensated for the estimated value of the goods.
5. A hundred happy tourists arrived at the Dubai International Airport on March 20, had the opportunity to get to the hotel by taxi for free. Thus, the Dubai Road and Transport Committee celebrated Happiness Day.
Also, it was possible that day to see at the streets happy buses “Happiness Week”, which took tourists free of charge to several popular places.